Sunday, October 9, 2011

False Labor or a Slow Start?

I've been awake on and off since midnight when full wave-like uterine contractions began. At two, I got up to take a warm bath and they faded, but came back once out of the tub. I did get back in bed and fell in and out of sleep as mild & short contractions continued. Then, closer to 5 am, I took another bath. They didn't fade in the same way, but the bath did feel great. Now it's 6:30AM and they are more regular and longer, but not crazy. I've have four just like this in the last 20 minutes....

A quick tightening in my lower back followed by discomfort that rapidly becomes painful. The wave then works up my uterus and the pain ceases, but the tightness remains in the uterus as it fades in my back hips, then finally releasing completely.
I find that bouncing and hip rotation feel the best.

Game on? Probably.

7 comments:

Eric Rubin said...

That sounds like labor! Go greens go!!! If u need romy help, let us know. :)

Sandy Davis said...

I woke up remembering it was John Lennon's birthday. Maybe it's Baby Green's birthday too.

Sandy

Tracy Green said...

Papa and Oma are packing the car like crazy. See you all soon.
BIG love

Eileen and Henry Cohen said...

How wonderful - perfect timing for a blessed New Year. Love, Eileen and Henry

Danica Sheridan said...

Congratulations! I just heard!!! Baby BOY Green! SOOOOO excited to be an aunt again!

:-)

MitchellYCohen said...

Mazel Tov. Hope everyone is doing well.
Mitch, Kathy, Jonah, & Claire.

Esther Bock said...

Mazal tov! hope u n the baby are doing well! so excited for u, boys are so much fun!! and like i told Danica we have truckloads of hand me downs for the little guy from all his cousins on the east coast if you want them : ) Love, the Bocks, Grossmans and Safrens